Leisure@Cheltenham offer three pools for both recreational and programmed swimming sessions. They are detailed below.
- Main Pool is a traditional rectangular deck - level pool measuring 33.3 metres x 12.8 metres
- Depths ranging from 1.3 metres to 2.5 metres.
- 6 standard lanes
- It is used for casual swimming, fitness swimming, workout, lessons and competitions.
- The pool has a submersible boom which is used to split the pool into a 25 metre pool and a 6.8 metre shallow exercise area.
- The depth on the deep side of the boom is 1.55 metres.
- The Diving Pool is situated at the Deep End of the Main Pool and measures 12.72 x 12.72 metres and 4 metres at the deepest point.
- The pool is a deck level pool. It is used for width swimming and diving. Width swimming is not permitted when Diving is taking place.
- There are 4 boards in total: 2 x 1 metre springboards; 1 x 3 metre springboard; and 1 x 5 metre platform board.
- The Teaching Pool is situated in an enclosed pool hall, accessed from the main pool hall.
- The pool itself measures 23.8 metres x 9.65 metres and the depth varies from 0.65 to 1.2 metres deep.
- It is available for both casual use and programmed use such as swimming lessons.
Access to Pools
Main Pool: 1 Adult: 1 Child (0 – 3 yrs inclusive)
1 Adult: Up to 2 Children (4 – 7yrs inclusive)
Teaching Pool: 1 Adult: Up to 2 Children (0 – 3 yrs inclusive)
1 Adult: Up to 3 Children (4 – 7yrs inclusive)